Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Commonwealth Shared Scholarships page for the academic year 2024/2025. As a prestigious institution committed to promoting education and fostering global partnerships, we are pleased to offer these scholarships to students from developing Commonwealth countries.
About the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) and UK universities, aimed at providing fully-funded scholarships for students from eligible developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are intended to support talented individuals who have the potential to make a significant impact in their home countries.
At the University of Edinburgh, we are proud to be part of this initiative and offer a range of scholarships across various disciplines and degree levels. Whether you are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree or a PhD, our scholarships can provide you with the opportunity to study in one of the world’s leading academic institutions.
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree at either first-class or upper second-class level
- Have a strong academic record and demonstrate the potential to contribute to the development of their home country
- Meet the English language requirements of the university
Please note that each scholarship may have additional specific eligibility requirements, so we encourage you to carefully review the details of the scholarship you are interested in before applying.
The application process for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh is as follows:
- Check the list of available scholarships on our website and select the one that aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Review the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet all the requirements.
- Prepare the necessary supporting documents, including academic transcripts, references, and a personal statement.
- Complete the online application form, providing accurate and detailed information.
- Submit your application before the specified deadline.
After the application deadline, our selection committee will review all eligible applications and shortlist candidates for further assessment. If you are shortlisted, you may be required to attend an interview or provide additional documentation.
Benefits of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
As a recipient of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh, you will receive a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Full tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- Thesis grant (for PhD students)
- Study-related travel grant
In addition to the financial support, you will have access to a vibrant academic community, world-class facilities, and a wide range of extracurricular activities. You will also benefit from networking opportunities with fellow scholars and professionals in your field of study.
Please take note of the following important dates for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh:
- Application deadline: 14 December 2023
- Shortlisting and assessment: To be announced
- Notification of results: July 2024
- Commencement of studies: September 2024
It is essential to adhere to these deadlines to ensure that your application is considered for the scholarship.
If you have any questions or need further information about the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, please contact our Scholarships Office:
Phone: +44 (0)1234 567890
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the University of Edinburgh!