Singapore is known for its world-class education system and its commitment to nurturing talent from around the globe. As part of this commitment, the Singapore government offers fully funded scholarships for international students to pursue their PhD studies in the country. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a prestigious scholarship program that provides financial support to outstanding individuals who wish to pursue their research interests in Singapore.
About the SINGA Scholarship
The SINGA Scholarship is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). It aims to attract bright and talented individuals to pursue their PhD studies in Singapore and contribute to the country’s research and development efforts.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, monthly stipends, and other allowances for up to 4 years of PhD studies. It also provides opportunities for recipients to work with leading researchers and scientists in their respective fields.
To be eligible for the SINGA Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a passion for research and a strong academic background
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be eligible to apply for admission to a PhD program at one of the participating universities
Applicants will be assessed based on their academic achievements, research potential, and compatibility with their chosen research area. It is important to note that the scholarship is highly competitive, and only the most outstanding candidates will be selected.
The application process for the SINGA Scholarship is straightforward and can be completed online. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official SINGA Scholarship website and create an account
- Fill in the necessary personal and academic details
- Upload the required documents, including academic transcripts, CV, research proposal, and letters of recommendation
- Submit the application before the deadline
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, either in person or via video conference. The final selection will be based on the overall assessment of the candidate’s application, interview performance, and the availability of research positions.
Benefits of the SINGA Scholarship
The SINGA Scholarship offers numerous benefits to successful applicants:
- Full tuition fees coverage
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses (S$2,200)
- One-time settling-in allowance (valued at S$1,500)
- Annual airfare allowance for travel to and from Singapore
- Opportunity to work with leading researchers and scientists
- Access to state-of-the-art research facilities
These benefits ensure that scholars can focus on their research and make the most of their PhD journey without financial burdens.
Application deadline: June 1st, 2024
The SINGA Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity for international students to pursue their PhD studies in Singapore. It provides financial support, access to top research facilities, and the chance to work with renowned researchers. If you have a passion for research and a desire to contribute to Singapore’s scientific advancements, the SINGA Scholarship is an excellent avenue to explore. Take the first step towards a rewarding research journey by applying for this fully funded scholarship in 2025.